Nursing Home Medical Expert Witnesses
Understand the standards of care that apply to nursing home negligence
Nursing homes provide a variety of medical services to their residents, including medication administration and diagnosis and treatment of injuries and illnesses such as bedsores. Because nursing home residents are typically in frail health, facilities must follow standards of care.
Unfortunately, that’s not always the case. Medical negligence in nursing homes may include:
- Giving a resident the wrong medication or the wrong dosage.
- Failing to monitor residents to ensure they are taking their medications properly.
- Failing to promptly diagnose and treat bedsores (pressure ulcers).
- Failing to recognize a fever or other warning signs of infection.
- Not promptly sending the resident to a hospital or specialist when necessary.
The Rieback Medical-Legal Consultants network includes medical professionals who can opine on the standards of care that apply to nursing homes, including nurses, nurse practitioners, and geriatricians. Our experts can review medical records and opine on whether negligence caused the resident to become sick or injured. They can also explain the long-term consequences of the injury and help calculate damages.
Find the expert witness you need for nursing home neglect cases
Medical neglect in nursing homes is a serious matter that requires significant nuance and expertise. The right expert witness can make a dramatic difference. We’ve been working with many of America’s preeminent injury attorneys for decades, and we serve as an integral part of your team from start to finish. Contact us today for a free case summary review.