Hospital Administration Expert Witnesses
Talk to an expert on hospital procedures about your case
Health administration or healthcare administration is the field relating to leadership, management, and administration of hospitals, hospital networks, health care systems, and public health systems. Other names for the field include health management, health systems management, and medical and health services management.
Professional hospital administrators typically hold a master’s degree such as a Master of Health Services Administration (MHSA), Master of Business Administration in Hospital Management (MBA-HM), Master of Health Administration (MHA), Master of Public Health (MPH, MSPH, MSHPM), Master of Science (MS-HSM, MS-HA), or Master of Public Administration (MPA). In addition, most hospital administrators have professional certifications, such as Certified Healthcare Executive (CHE) from the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) or Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) from the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA).
The hospital administrator as an expert witness
Hospital administrators can be valuable expert witnesses in medical malpractice and personal injury cases that involve negligence on the part of a hospital rather than an individual physician. Some of the issues that a hospital administrator may be able to address include:
- Whether the defendant hospital followed established patient discharge protocols and communicated appropriately with the patient’s primary care provider (PCP).
- Whether the defendant hospital complied with state and federal regulations.
- Whether the hospital met standards of care in preventing medication errors or diagnostic errors.
- Whether the hospital had appropriate infection control protocols in place.
- Whether the hospital had appropriate staffing levels, such as nurse-to-patient ratio.
- Whether the hospital had adequate security and maintained safe physical facilities.
Experienced, highly qualified hospital administrators can speak to various issues that affect patient care and safety. In hospital negligence cases, the right expert witness can be invaluable in seeking the truth.
Contact us today to find your hospital administrator expert witness
Legal matters involving hospital negligence are complex and usually hard-fought. Our network includes licensed, highly qualified hospital administrators who can speak to the established standards of care both in consultation and, if necessary, at trial. If you are considering or handling a legal case involving hospital negligence, contact us for a free case summary review.